Additional Journal Clubs by PNAP Candidates
Target Audience: Nurses providing care to adult, infant, and pediatric patients and to families in the inpatient and outpatient settings throughout Lee Health.
Purpose: To identify and discuss evidence, research, and best practices in current literature relevant to the care of adult, infant, and pediatric patients and to families in the inpatient and outpatient setting throughout Lee Health system.
- To enhance nurses’ knowledge of the research process
- To develop an awareness of current nursing research studies related to care of the adult, infant, and pediatric patient based on evidence-based nursing research results
- To further develop and enhance critical thinking skills
- To enable nurses in all patient care areas an opportunity to participate and network in a journal club that focuses on their specific needs
- To motivate nurses to participate in evidence-based practice and/or nursing research projects at Lee Health
- Desired outcomes: The desired outcome is to enhance the nurses' ability to stay current with relevant evidence-based research and integrate key care elements into current practice while continuing to provide safe and effective care.
Participants do not need to register prior to attending
Participation includes coming prepared to the journal club by reading the assigned article.
Frequency of meetings: Variable
Place: Campus and location will be listed with each journal club offering.
Facilitators will select articles from the Medical Library website. A link to the full text of the article to be reviewed will be posted on the Medical Library website on IntraLee.
Available credits: There will be both, informal and formal journal club offerings on this site. Each journal club offering will indicate which format, informal or formal. Formal journal clubs will provide 1 CEU. Lee Health is an approved provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the Florida Board of Nursing. This program has applied for 1 (one) contact hour.
E-mail the following information to the Medical Librarian at least 2 weeks prior to the journal club meeting:
- Article hyperlink from the Lee Health Medical Library database
- Date, Time, Campus, and Location of a Journal Club meeting
- Indicate whether it is an informal or formal (1 CE given) journal club
- Include facilitator's full name and credentials
Previous Reading Assignments
November 21st, 2018
Bernstein, P.S.; Martin, J.N. Jr., et al. (2017). Consensus Bundle on Severe Hypertension During Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health, 62 (4): 493-501.
October 15, 2018
Ramnauth, Terrica; Benitez, Mary; Logan, Brandy, et al. (2018). Nurses' awareness regarding human trafficking. International Journal of Studies in Nursing, 3 (2), 76-87.