Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- Library materials are checked out for three weeks and can be renewed three times consecutively, as long as there is not a hold on the item and your record is in good standing.
- Materials can be returned to any of our libraries: Lee Memorial Hospital, Cape Coral Hospital, Gulf Coast Medical Center, and Health Park Medical Center.
- Items must be returned directly to the library front desk or the library dropbox. If there is no staff member at the library, put your returned items on the desk or the chair. Please do not leave them out in the open.
Fines and Fees
- Fines for overdue items are $0.25/day, up to a $10.00 maximum per item. There is no grace period. Fines may be paid at the library’s front desk. We accept cash for payment of fines.
- Overdue fines are assessed if materials are renewed late (if there is a gap between the due date and the date the item is renewed).
- Patrons with fines exceeding $15 will be prevented from borrowing or renewing materials until fines are paid.
- Patrons will be charged the replacement cost for lost items; this cost will be deducted from the staff member’s payroll check. Items will be considered lost if they are not returned within two months of the due date.
- Damaged materials should be returned to the library for assessment of damages. You will be responsible for up to the replacement cost of damaged items.
- Book donations are accepted, with the understanding that the library may add them to the collection at its discretion, add them to our sale book cart, or dispose of them if they do not meet the standards for selection. As a general rule, books will be added to the collection based on the same criteria as purchased material. The library reserves the right to determine the retention, location, cataloging treatment, and other considerations related to the use of all donations.
- Medical, nursing, and other healthcare-related books will not be accepted if there is a new edition available, or if the information is outdated and is no longer considered best practice.
- Library staff members reserve the right to refuse donated items in poor condition. Please refrain from donating visibly soiled, torn, or yellowing books.