Lee Health Orthopedic Physical Therapy Research Journal Club
Target Audience: Physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, and athletic trainers providing care to orthopedic patients in any setting.
Purpose: To identify and discuss evidence, research, and best practices in current literature relevant to the care of orthopedic rehabilitation.
- To enhance therapists' knowledge of the research process.
- To develop an awareness of current rehabilitation research studies related to the care of orthopedics
- To evaluate current practice based on evidence-based research results.
- To further develop and enhance critical thinking skills.
- To enable therapists in all patient care areas an opportunity to participate and network in a journal club that focuses on their specific needs
- To encourage therapists to participate in evidence-based practice and/or rehabilitation case study projects at Lee Health
Desired outcomes: The desired outcome is to enhance the therapist's ability to stay current with relevant evidence-based research and integrate key care elements into current practice while continuing to provide safe and effective care.
Participants can register via email with email@example.com
Articles will be posted online when available in e-format or will be provided by the facilitator via email
Participation includes: reading the assigned article and coming prepared to be included in a discussion.
Frequency of meetings: Monthly, last Tuesday of the month 5:00p, - 6:00pm
Place: Gulf Coast SNU 13960 Plantation Road, Fort Myers, FL 33912 Conference room
Reading assignments: A link to the journal article to be reviewed will be posted on the Medical Library website on IntraLee. If full-text is not available online, a complete citation will be posted on the website, and and a copy of the full-text will be available from the facilitator.
Karl Gilliam, DPT, CHT, OCS Residency Coordinator and Manager Outpatient Rehabilitation at Creekside
Scott Corely, DPT, OCS, CSCS, CPTS
Ryan Wallace, DPT, OCS, MTAC
Raymond Halstead, DPT, RD, OCS, CSCS